Thursday, December 1, 2011

Steph's letter to baby


Dear Baby Brown:
I don’t know you yet but want to tell you how much you already mean to me.  Since I was a little child I wanted a family.  I’m going to refer to us as your Mom and Dad even though your biological parents are responsible for the creation of your life.  I’m going to carry you for nine months and assist you in growing up to be a faithful man or woman of God.  I’ve been blessed with an outstanding son; Devin is from my first marriage.  He will be a wonderful BIG brother (BIG is an understatement because he will be 15 years old when you enter the world).  Devin is funny, smart, and a caring Christian young man.  He has always desired a sibling to bond with and my hope is for that to come true with you.  When God allowed me to marry your Dad we knew that we could not conceive and would be adopting.  Technology has advance so much that there is embryo adoption now (NEDC Organization).  I loved being pregnant and would love to have Rob and Devin experience the whole thing from beginning to end.  Most important we are giving you a chance to live a long and healthy existence and experience everything God has planned for your life.  Your Dad has many great qualities like intelligence, Godliness, loves the outdoors and has funny quirks that you will get to know all too well.  He has wanted to have a family and is anticipating showing you many wonderful things that this life can offer.
Next week we meet with an agency for the Home Study part of the adoption.   Get ready...Get set...GO!
Psalm 37:3-5 says, "Trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) in the Lord and do good; so shall you dwell in the land and feed surely on His faithfulness, and truly you shall be fed. Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord [roll and repose each care of your load on Him]; trust also in Him and He will bring it to pass."
Love always,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment