Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Word From Dad

In just 22 days, you will begin your life inside your mommy.  We are excited, anxious, expectant ...even a little uncertain of what to expect over those next nine months.  One thing we know for certain is the love we have for you and the joy we will experience when you finally meet us, your parents.  As a first-time father-in-waiting, I am not sure what the next year will hold for usand what it will be like when I finally meet you face-to-face.  Its kind of like Heaven.  I know its wonderful, but I really don't know what my response will be.  There's a song called "I Can Only Imagine" which expresses the thoughts of someone anticipating what it will be like when he finally meets your and my Heavenly Father and is ushered into the presence of pure love and bliss beyond description.  The song, in some way, captures my feelings when I imagine holding you in my arms and introducing you to the world for the very first time.  I am not sure if I will be speechless (doubtful  ... he-he), laugh, cry or shout.  All I know is that it will bring great joy ... joy indescribable.  I love you and can't wait to see your face, feel your heart and hear your cry for the very first time.

All My Love,

Daddy


3 comments:

  1. Precious words, Rob! You'll probably be like Byron was on the day Gracie was born. He was asked by the nurses to 'please step away from the bassinette'. He was leaning in so close, that he was blocking the lamp they use to keep the baby warm. He just couldn't get enough of our Gracie girl. He still can't!
    I've been thinking about you and Stephanie a lot over the past several days. Please let us know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Praying for you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got your blog site from Krisa who told me we were going through the same cycle! We just had our transfer yesterday, if you want to follow along. Praying for a pregnancy for you!

    ReplyDelete